FinTech is a contraction of the terms "financial" and "technology." FinTech is the use of technology to deliver financial solutions. FinTech is transforming finance and challenging its regulation at an unprecedented rate. FinTech runs the gamut of new platforms from P2P lending to robo-advice, and from payments to credit scoring. CLMR research in this area is a mix of funded research projects and on-going research by individual scholars. Focus areas include implications of the rise of TechFins and Big Data, online investing, equity crowd funding and algorithmic financial advising.
RegTech (like FinTech) is a contraction of the terms "regulatory" and "technology." It refers to the application of technology to regulatory matters and initially consisted of products to assist financial institutions to meet their compliance and reporting obligations, which increased massively after the Global Financial Crisis. RegTech now offers an opportunity to rethink entirely the way that regulation and finance work. RegTech offers a proportionate risk-based approach where access to and analysis of data enables more granular and effective supervision of markets and market participants. CLMR Researchers are seeking to illuminate the benefits of using RegTech.
CLICK HERE to view all resources related to this research program.
- Ross Buckley
- Simone Degeling
- Anton Didenko
- Jessica Hudson
- Katharine Kemp
- Dimity Kingsford Smith
- Marina Nehme
- Louise Malady
- The Evolution of Fintech: A New Post-Crisis Paradigm?
- Regulating FinTech in China: From Permissive to Balanced
- 150 Years of FinTech: An Evolutionary Analysis
- FinTech for Financial Inclusion – Presentation 6 June 2018
- FinTech, RegTech and the Reconceptualization of Financial Regulation
- The True Potential of RegTech: Fostering Systemic Financial Stability
- The Emergence of Regtech 2.0: From Know Your Customer to Know Your Data
- FinTech and RegTech: Enabling Innovation while Preserving Financial Stability
- RegTech: Building a Better Financial System
- Technology and the Management of Sovereign Debt – The Real Potential of RegTech - Presentation
- The Real Potential of RegTech - Today and Tomorrow - Presentation
- TechFins - Data-driven Finance
- From Fintech to Techfin: The Regulatory Challenges of Data-Driven Finance
- From Fintech to Techfin: The Regulatory Challenges of Data-Driven Finance - Presentation, 9 Oct 2017
- Data Portability and Financial Inclusion - Presentation, 28 Nov 2017
- Distributed Ledgers
- Regulatory Sandboxes and Smart Regulation
- Equity Crowd Funding
- Algorithmic Financial Advising